11111111111111111111111111111111111

Search this website

Guilt Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies - High Fiber & Protein


 Guilt-Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies {High Fiber & Protein}



Preheat Oven to: 
350 degrees

Ingredients:
1 Stick of Butter (1/2 cup)
1 cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 cup of White Sugar
1 cup of Pureed Pumpkin
2 eggs, room temp
1 teaspoon of Vanilla (I pour heavy)
2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg
2-3 cups of Quick Oats (Bob's Red Mill)

Preparation:
Mix together dry ingredients (minus oats)
Beat Butter, sugars until creamy
Add Pumpkin, eggs and vanilla (scrap sides)
Add dry mixture to wet
Add Oats 1 cup at a time, should appear very sticky

Bake for 10-14 minutes. Top of cookies should be hard to the touch but soft when pressed.






Close all the windows before baking these because you want to 
preserve the wonderful smell!



Enjoy!!!


Nutritional Facts:  When Whole Wheat Flour and Oats are used, you gain extra Protein and Fiber that's not found in white flour alone.  Consider also adding Flaxseed and you'll gain much, much more. :D





        

This Post was Linked up @:





Pin It

18 comments:

  1. A girl after my own heart! Healthy treats! We just discovered a fat-free baking book and have been making healthy scones. I substituted sugar for Splenda. Bet you're losing weight or maintaining! We are! :-) Good for you!

    XO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, thank you so much for your comment! Yes, maintain for sure. :) I hope you enjoy them, if you make them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilani,
    Have you created any gluten-free recipes for cookies or cakes? Can't have wheat flour or anything with gluten.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, Thanks for your question! Here's a link to a brand I trust for Gluten Free Flour for baking. It's got good reviews. Good Luck!
    http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Gluten-Free-All-Purpose/dp/nutrition-facts/B000KEPBCS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes please....love the guilt free part...:) these sound delish..thank you so much for sharing...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you'll love them, let me know when you bake them. :) Enjoy!

      Delete
  6. Looks yummy, will have to pin so I remember to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a bunch and thanks so much for pinning! :)

      Delete
  7. Just got done baking these cookies and they are so yummy! I think that they would be a perfect,quick breakfast along with a cup of coffee,mmmmmmm :) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome! After I read your reply here I checked my stock because I need to make another batch. :D And having them for breakfast, oh ya! Thanks for giving the feedback, appreciate it.

      Delete
  8. Oh, YUM!!!! I really want to make these today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you make them Shatzi? I made some yesterday, eat about 6 of them fresh from the oven...Ah, elastic pants are my friend. He, he....

      Delete
  9. These cookies look good!! Thanks so much for posting this. I'm so glad you linked up at Romance on a dime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy for stopping by. Hope you're having a great day/week.

      Delete
  10. I made these last night. Right out of the oven they were great. This morning when i ate a couple more iI actually found them to be quiet dry. The only substitution I did was to use 1/4 cup trivia baking blend instead of the 1/2 cup white sugar. I think next time I will reduce the amount of flour. The last 12 cookies of the batch I added raisins too and that helped a little by adding a little more moisture and sweetness. I think these would fall more into a breakfast cookie category as one would need tea or coffee with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and giving feedback! They are such a versatile cookie that with coffee or tea is surely a win! Raisins sound great!

      Delete

I #heart comments a lot, it keeps my inspired. Thanks for stopping by and commenting....

ShareThis