11111111111111111111111111111111111

Search this website

{Front Porch} Message Board

I purchased, about 15 years ago, a fun Martha Stewart home crafts book at a garage sale and one of the items I so wished to re-create  was a porch chalkboard. 

She had hers on the porch of a summer cottage; a-mazing.  While my house isn't a summer cottage, it is a home that has visitors often, of which I miss.  A message board would be nice, every now and then. And it looks super cute!

  



The craft called for a Large Black Slate piece, which I never came to find. Which then lead me to recreating it myself, in my style.  I found, at the Goodwill, this Frame and voila the vision was born.


Before / After



I gave the frame a white wash look after a little sanding

Then, I found this great Tutorial for Rosette Flowers online (pinned it, of course) and decided to add them to the frame.




I then decided to have a piece of chalk readily available so, I got my trusty hot glue gun out and, with twine, attached it to the chalk.


Since having completed this project, a few weeks ago, I've added a Burlap Letter to the porch, some flowers, and a watering can.  It's surely my style now!



But here's the funny part.  I've had two random secret messages posted:




After a few days, I discovered who the 
sweet messengers were, my girlfriends, they're so silly! :)

So there you have it.  Now get paint on your hands, and make your space, your own.





        


This was linked up @:


Pin It

26 comments:

  1. Too cute! You know I adore anything chalkboard painted! I also love the E!

    Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the messages...was Carmella at all involved?!?
    Lovely chalkboard! <3

    -Evey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladies! Thanks Jessica! Evey, no, but I bet if she was close, she'd be sneaky too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great message board! Best wishes to you. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Have a great day1! @Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how this turned out, way to go! I'm a new follower and would love if you followed me back at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, thanks for stopping by, I just started following via GFC. Thanks again. Have a great night! @Hubba

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute - well done!! This is a great idea to have. I don't have a porch, so I'm not sure this would go well for my home, but I love it!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Romance on a Dime! I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this reminds me of my college days! I hope you'll stop by and add this and any other posts you're proud of to my Wednesday What We Wore and Made Link party

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'll go check it tou

      Delete
  10. This is such a great idea!! I have several old slate boards and told my hubby that what I want for Mother's Day is to have one of them framed and mounted on the wall just inside the back door. How handy. But I love your idea too. We could do both!

    I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll stop in and follow me back?

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the follow and sweet words, headed over now. :) @Cranberry Morning

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute idea!!! And secret admirers, FUN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Karah! :) Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now, this is really cute and smart! I should try to make this! Thanks for linking to Handmade Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to let you know I'm featuring this project at Take it on Tuesday this week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute idea!
    Thanks for linking up on Successful Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie for stopping by! See you next Saturday if not sooner. :)

      Delete
  17. What a fun way to send messages and smart to attach the chalk! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, thanks for stopping by! Talk soon!

      Delete
  18. How sweet of an idea!! Love it Hilani!! Thanks for sharing with us!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I #heart comments a lot, it keeps my inspired. Thanks for stopping by and commenting....

ShareThis