11111111111111111111111111111111111

Search this website

Creative Carmella - Wall Clock Project

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm so excited to share with everyone someone I adore a bunch and whom I've had the absolutely pleasure of meeting because of blogging!!  She and I found each other over on Facebook and quickly became online friends.  We are two peas I tell you and if you start following her, you'll like her just as much!  


You're in for a real treat with today's post...take it away!


I am so happy to be here on my Bestie's blog!!
I just love everything about this sweet friend of mine.....she's totally part of my wolf pack ;)





I'm Carmella, mom to three...wife to one...and the voice behind the blog, Creative Carmella. There, I share stories from our world, recipes, DIY projects and a ton of creative inspiration!

Today, I am excited to share my table top clock project!


This is the story of a clock...that once was a table top.....


This clock started with the inspiration board that Meg 
from Winder and Main pulled together for me.
Waaaaay back I shared  pictures of my living room because Meg was helping me restyle it.
Well...she hit the nail on the head with this inspiration board...
She calls it "farm house in the city"
and I love everything about it


Great look, right? She did such a great job!
Did you notice that awesome clock in the right hand corner??
Here is a closer look


This one is from Target...the cost...$89!
Total cost for my knock off clock was $12!!

Here's what I did...

I started with a table top that we had stored in an upstairs closet. You know these....the pressed wood kind that have three legs that screw in? I'm sure you have one in the back of a closet too somewhere.....


I took all the hardware off of the back, and my helper boy got to work giving it a coat of black paint


Next we found the center, hammered in a nail, and used a white colored pencil with a string tied to it and the nail to circle off the different areas of the clock


After that, it was all about the details....


And.....more details.....


I added the Roman Numerals using a transfer trick that always seems to work the best for me and then painted them all in by hand...

{warning, terrible night time pic!!}

And after it was all painted in, the entire piece got a sanding...

The clock findings came from Hobby Lobby and with my 40% off coupon I was able to finish the clock for a total of $12!



Oh...giant clock...how I love you....



Hilani, thank you so much for having me today!!

And a huge thanks to you all for reading too!
I would love for you to come visit soon!
Here's my Facebook Page

Isn't that the coolest idea and finished product!?

Thanks again Carmella, my sweet friend!



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kara...it's a fun project! Time, I'm always fighting the clock on time to do these extra great projects!

      Delete
  2. Carmella is pretty awesome! ;) ... I love this clock, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, she is pretty awesome! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I #heart comments a lot, it keeps my inspired. Thanks for stopping by and commenting....

ShareThis